Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where does the time go????


Well, it's been too long since I posted last and much has happened. I went to Adelaide for the Quilt Retreat at Wallaroo at the end of Feburary and had a ball. I had a couple of days with my SIL Elly before the retreat and I had a couple of days with my friend Shaz that went far to fast. While I was on the retreat I offered some Scrapbag Caddy's for sale and was really suprised when I sold all that I had with me and got orders for more. Since then Shaz has got orders for more so while she is away on holiday I have a month to get them finished.


Here's some of the ones I have made so far.



I still have to finish my quilt that I started but too many things keep getting in my way. Next week my new sewing table arrives and then I can finish getting orginized in my sewing room. Yes, I have a sewing room... We were lucky to be offered a 4 bedroom house which we took very quickly, So now I have my sewing room, DH Rod has his own Computer room and we have Lesley's room, which is also the guest room.

When we went looking for my sewing table at our favourite Pineshop we were distracted by a beautiful glass unit that would be perfect for my Owls... so it was the first of 3 items we brought that day and the following week we went back and added a further 4 items to our list of items to be delivered.


This is my new Owl Cabinet.

{Yes, I still have room to put more in}

My friend's in our sewing group who gave me a Beautiful Glass Owl, as a farewell gift.

You will find it on the top shelf in the centre between my 2 white owls.

It is my pride & joy, it was the first owl put in my new cabinet,

above the reach of little visitor's hands.



This is our new Enterainment unit but while our TV looks really small,

the new TV will have to wait a little while.

These are our morning visitor's, a pair of Kookaburra's who nest in the gum trees, come and sit on our back fence and sing their beautiful tunes on and off from about 6am.

Which is great during the week but DH gets cranky when they start on the week-end's when he wants to sleep in. LOLThis is one of my folding bookcases that DH brought me to hold my bolts of fabric.

We put it in my sewing room wardrobe, put the fabric bolts on it only to find it wouldn't all fit. So....When we went back we got another one, now I have room for another few bolts of fabric.... Now I just have to wait for my table and I can move my sewing machine & gear to my sewing room. Then DH will stop grumbling about where was he suppose to sit at the dinning table. I just tell him he can sit anywhere he likes just don't dribble milk on on my fabric.



Have fun on your holiday, Shaz

Talk soon


Jan





































































































































































































































































2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, Great post - so good to catch up on your news. I love the Kookaburras! Lucky you having your own sewing room...one day I'll be off the kitchen table and into my own space.

    Cute pic of you and Jimmy in your profile pic.

    I love my sewing caddy. It is next to me right now. Although someone did attack it with a quick unpick and now one of the straps has a slit in it. but that's ok I love it and I'll live with the slit.

    The sewing caddies you did for Mannum went like hotcakes - you'll have to do more for July. Are you coming by the way?

    Talk to you soon,
    Love,
    Shonny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shonny,
    The pic of Jimmy & I was taken the day James gave him to me, he was so small it's hard to imagine him that small now.

    I love the " Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Quilt you done for Connor. I've printed the pattern and I'm going to make one while I'm at my sisters for Lesley's Bub. She has decided not to find out what she's having but to leave it as a suprize.


    Thanks for the positive feed back on the Sewing Caddies, I have more on the go and hope to have extras done for July.

    I would love to come in July but I will be visiting my sisters June/July and I will have Jimmy with me. Rod is going to be away in Hawaii for about 8 weeks,He doesn't know dates as yet only that the exersize goes for 8 weeks, hopefully he will know by the end of the week.

    Do you have dates for the retreat in November at Wallaroo yet?

    Talk soon
    Luv
    Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete